While it may be impossible to completely get rid of wrinkles — particularly deep ones — it’s definitely possible to minimize their appearance. Through maintaining a healthy lifestyle and using effective wrinkle treatments, you can greatly reduce the appearance and formation of deep facial wrinkles.
- Wash your face twice a day — no more than that. Over-washing your face can strip your skin of its natural oils and moisture so that wrinkles appear deeper; it may even cause new wrinkles to form.
- Wear a broad-spectrum (UVA and UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. There is no need to go above SPF 50
- Applying a toner to your skin after you’ve washed your face can help balance your skin’s pH and keep it looking healthier. Just be sure to avoid toners containing alcohol, as this can dry out your skin.
- Many moisturizers contain ingredients aimed at fighting and preventing wrinkles. Apply a moisturizer to your face twice a day: once after your morning face-wash and once after your evening face-wash.
- The skin around your eyes is different from the rest of your facial skin: it is thinner and more delicate, quicker to wrinkle and droop. For this reason, it’s worthwhile to use an eye cream in addition to your facial moisturizer.